Monday, February 6, 2012

PRAYER

     And the Lord said, And all things, whatever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.  (Matthew 21:22)
     If you are a person with doubt in the existence of God, did you know you can pray and ask God to reveal to you that He is real, and He will answer you?
     If you are a person with doubt that you have been saved from your sins through Christ, you can pray and God will answer you?
     If you are a person with the belief that your religion is sufficient to lead you to God's heaven when you die, you can pray and the Lord will answer you?
     Anybody, anywhere, and at anytime can pray to God and He will answer.
     Did you also know that God can speak directly to you?
     God speaks with a still, small voice.  The Lord does not speak through noise.  This is not His way.  Therefore you can believe that God does not speak through thunder, lightning, earthquakes, nor loud music.  The world is noisy, not God. 
    I know that this is true about prayer because there was a time in my life that even I began to doubt my own salvation.  So I said to the Lord, I believe I am saved, but if I am NOT, will you show me and save me?
     On the morning of April 27, 1995, the Holy Spirit spoke to me.  His voice was not loud, nor audible, yet it was so clear that it was as if someone was sitting beside me, or riding in a vehicle with me.  And what He told me is this:  He said that I had never confessed to God that I was a sinner and that I had never accepted Christ as my Saviour.  In a heartbeat, I KNEW my condition.  In a heartbeat, I KNEW I was lost and without Christ.  In a heartbeat,  I KNEW that if I did not get saved, I would die and go to hell.  This is the seriousness of salvation in Christ.  Therefore, I knelt before God, confessed to Him that I was a sinner for the first time in my life, I invited Christ into my life to save me and to change me, I said that prayer in the name of Jesus, and He saved me.  After which, I felt the most wonderful peace that I had never known before!  And the years since then have been far greater than all the years before that day.
    How did I know I heard the voice of God?  I do not know how I knew.  But I knew that I knew and I do not know how I knew that, other than to say that when God speaks to you, you will know.
     Remember, too, that Adam and Eve did not talk to God about the serpent who was talking to them.  And therefore if you do not talk to God, remember the serpent is speaking to you, even now, so you will agree with the serpent and disagree with God unless you pray.
     The night before Christ was crucified, He took the disciples with Him to the garden to pray.  Christ prayed and the disciples went to sleep.  Three times the Lord awoke the disciples and three times the Lord said unto them, Why ye sleep?  rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
     Therefore if you do not pray, you will be tempted not to pray and you will be tempted not to believe in God, and you will be tempted not to believe in Christ.
     Pray and some wonderful things will happen!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.