Sunday, February 5, 2012

FAITH

     Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
     Faith, prayer, and humility go together.
     Faith is believing in God to do what we cannot do by ourselves.  Prayer is communion with God.  Humility is submission unto God.  My humility keeps me in prayer, prayer keeps me in communion with God, and therefore my humility and prayer allows me to experience the wonders of God by faith:  not knowing what God will do, or when He will do it, or how He will do it. 
     For example, this blog, 7th Highway, had its birth in prayer.  This blog did not happen in two minutes, or two days, or even two weeks. 
     There came a day last year when I wanted to write something about God.  I did not know what to write about Him, how to write about Him, nor when to begin.  I did not want my writing to be about me, but about Him.  This then, was the substance of things hoped for.  Thus I prayed and did other things.  Prayed and did other things.  I did not want to leap into something and try to do this all by myself.  And by humility to Him in prayer, this was the exercise of my faith in Him to believe in the evidence of things not seen.  For I did not know that my writing would even be a blog!
     By October of last year, the Lord revealed to me the blog possibility, even though I still did not know the how or the when.  So I kept praying.  By mid-November, the blog began to become more evident every day, and thus I began to ask the Lord about a title for the blog, for I did not know what to name it.  On November 28th, He gave me the name for the blog, and immediately I went online, opened the blog, and wrote an introduction, which is all I had at that time.
     Thus I prayed about what to write.  And I will tell you that each blog has its birth in prayer; for by me remaining in submission to God, and by trusting in God by faith for the stories, He delivers.  Therefore, I do not WORK for these stories, nor try to conjure a story out of my own imagination.  I do not WORRY about what to write about, nor rush to write just to have a bunch of words on paper.
    I will also tell you that since I have been writing this blog, I have wept more than I have wept in all of my life.  For in writing about Christ and feeling His heart beat, there are times when I weep even as  I am writing.  I have wept for Jesus on the cross in His death, I have wept for all the martyrs of Christ who gave their lives unselfishly for the message of Him, and I weep for people who do not know of Christ's wonderful salvation, which is available from Him to people every day.
    Therefore, it is sufficient for me to say that these blogs are as new and fresh to me as they are to people who read them.  And these blogs are good for me, even if they may not help others.  For I experience these stories coming from Him, then through me, for I also need these stories as much as anyone else.
    My hope and prayer is that these blogs will help others, even in some little way, and also that these blogs will help someone else come to know Christ and the wonderful world of His salvation.  For without Him, we have no hope.  And because the Lord wrote the history of the future, no one can help me more than the Author of all things.
   May the Lord give you grace today, and may He give you help today, even the gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.