Tuesday, August 1, 2017

THIS POOR MAN CRIED

   Twice this year I have been hospitalized, and, in both occurrences, my life was at the edge of death and in the hands of doctors and nurses.
   But my life---as it is now and has always been---is in the hands of God.
      "This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles."  (Psalm 34: 6)
   And I said, Lord, hear my prayer:  if this is my time to go, I am ready to go; but if not, then let me live to continue the work that You have given me to do.
      "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
   And when the morning came, the Lord enabled me to arise from my hospital beds and go home.
   From both of these experiences, the Lord taught me two lessons.  He gave me a greater understanding of life as He also gave me a greater understanding of time; for life and time are all we have in this world in which we are born, and both are blessings from God; from which He gave me two stories:  WHEN I WAS YOUNG and followed by IN HIS TIME.
   When I was young, I never had the time to do that which I wanted to do because I had to work like everybody has to work.
      "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it unto the day of Jesus Christ:"  (Philippians 1: 6)
   Now that I am retired, the Lord has blessed me with the abundance of time and freedom; therefore, I am free to read, free to research, free to study, free to pray, and free to write about Him, which I have wanted to do in my heart for more than thirty years.  When I was young, however, that was not my time.
     "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:  a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which was planted."  (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2)
   To me, the Lord has given time as well as a desire to plant:  while believing by faith that He will add the increase, or "pluck up that which was planted".
   So then, what time is it?
   It's God's time!
      "Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepeth, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil."  (Ephesians 5: 14-16)

   In His Majesty's service, to the King of kings and Lord of lords.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.