Sunday, August 13, 2017

PARENTING

                                       "O wretched man that I am!"  
                                                 (Romans 7: 24)

   In my lifetime, I have failed God many times and in many ways.  I care not to remember the many times, nor do I care to remember the many ways:  o wretched man that I am.
   In my lifetime, I have also failed my children many times and in many ways.  I care not to remember the many times, nor do I care to remember the many ways:  o wretched man that I am.
 
      "Train up a child in the way in which he should go:  and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  (Proverbs 22: 6)

   This Bible verse is simple to read, simple to understand, and simple to memorize, but it is not  simple to do.   Just ask me:  o wretched man that I am.
   When parenting, I did things I should have never done, said things I should have never said, and acted at times in ways that were simply childish.  I did.

      "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all our unrighteousness."  (1st John 1: 9)

   Now that I have done that, what then should I do about all of those lost years that I had with our children?
   The only thing I know to do is pray to God and give Him time to do all that I am unable to do, which is to believe,

      "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you."  (Joel 2: 25)

 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.