Friday, August 18, 2017

August 18, 2008

   On this date in 2008 I underwent successful surgery for an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which is often referred to as The Triple A, or AAA for short.
   On May 13 of that year, I had a falling accident and hurt my back.  An MRI was ordered to determine the extent of my back injury, at which time the radiologist detected the aneurysm, and I was sent to a hospital for a further examination as well as to be introduced to a heart surgeon.
   In months to follow, I went to the surgeon for continuous observations every two weeks to determine the growth of the aneuryism.  Finally, in August, he told me it was time to go under the knife, and the surgery was successful!
   In looking back, however, I have come to realize that, had it not been for the falling accident, I would have not hurt my back, an MRI would have never been needed, and the radiologist would have never detected the aneuryism, and, obviously, I would have never had the surgery.
   Had all of those things never happened, however, the aneurysim would have continued to enlarge unnoticed, and, at a certain time, the aneurysim would have ruptured and I would have bled to death internally.
   In looking back, too, I have come to realize that, had I died, I would have never retired, never moved away from Atlanta, never learned to play golf, never written the 7th Highway, as well as never experienced all of the many experiences that I have experienced over the past nine years.      
   Therefore, I believe God spared my life as well as has given me an addition nine years of life so far!
   But what about you?
   Have you ever had life-threatening surgery?
   Have you ever had a near-death experience?  Or more than one?
   Have you ever been in a horrific automotive wreck, yet you survived?
   Have you ever been in a horrific automotive wreck, when others were injured or even killed, yet you survived without a wound, without a broken bone, or without the sight of your own blood?
   Is it possible, just possible, that God is trying to get your attention? 
   Could it be that God has extened your life on earth just as He did for me?
   The word "coincidence" does not exist in the Hebrew language, nor is that word written in the Bible.  Neither is the word "accident" written in the Bible:  because, to God, there are no coincidences or accidents!

                       "To every thing there is a season,
                            and a time to every purpose
                               under the heaven: 
                                  a time to be born,
                                    and a time to die;"      
                                 (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2a)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.