Thursday, July 20, 2017

WHY I BLOG

   On my blog, I could write about a thousand topics under the sun, but I have chosen one:  Christ the Lord.
   Without Him, I would not have anything to write about that would be worth reading about.
   People can read all about the world and things that pass away:  things such as news, weather, sports, politics, people, places, religion.  They can get up-to-date reports and opinions, twenty four hours a day, on television and radio, in newspapers and magazines, and across the internet; for people in the world are interested in these topics, these reports, and these opinions.  These topics can also change from day to day, or even from moment to moment.
   But Christ?  He will never pass away.  Neither will His words pass away.
   The world, however, and the things that pass away, have never done anything for me.  I never watch or listen to the news and get peace in my heart.  I never hear about what I should do about tomorrow.  For the news of the world is all about this present time, this present day, the here and the now. 
   The future of the world, moreover, is all about religion and politics, which constantly change from day to day and from hour to hour, which has been their DNA for thousands of years, which keeps people living and believing in things past, which are also the things that pass away.
   The world is also all about yesterday's news and yesterday's views.
   But Christ?
      "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever."  (Hebrews 13:8)
   Jesus never changes.  He is the past, He is the present, He is the future---all three in one.  Therefore, He is the only person who can say:
      "Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself:  that where I am, there you may be also."  (John 14: 1-3)
   Finally, I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  If I did not believe in that, I would have no reason to believe in Him, nor to write of Him.  But because He lives forever, I know that I, too, will live forever.
   Now that is something to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.