Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WHOM SHALL I FEAR?

   At first, Pontius Pilate was an honest man when he faced Jesus, for he said to the Jews, I find no fault in him. 
   Still later, Pilate said, Why, what evil hath he done?
   But not long thereafter, however, Pilate said, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. 
   Why did Pilate change his mind?  He had the power to set Jesus free, yet he sent the Lord to die on a cross even though, at first, he had spoken in defense of Jesus.
   Like Pilate, many people find no fault with Jesus---at first.  But the more they hear of Jesus, the more they dislike Him; and then, like Pilate, they turn their backs on Him because of something they fear:  at which time, like Pilate, they send Jesus back to the cross.
   What is there about Christ that people fear? 


      The LORD is my light and my salvation:  whom shall I fear?  the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
      When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
      Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear:  though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
      One thing have I desired of the LORD, that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
      For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:  in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me upon a rock.  (Psalm 27: 1-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.