Friday, December 21, 2012

A SIMPLE STORY

   The story of Jesus is truly a simple story, and this story is told in the Holy Bible.
   The Holy Bible is written in simple words, in simple sentences, and even a child can read and understand the Bible.  People do not need to be Rhoades scholars to understand the Bible; neither do people need college degrees, PhDs, nor to be graduates of Bible colleges and theological seminaries.  All people need is to do is read the words and exercise simple, child-like faith. 
   The story of Jesus is not a tale of mystery and intrigue; neither is His story complicated, difficult, nor written in code:  for Jesus wants us to know Him, rather than just know about Him.  Many people know about Jesus, but few there be that know Him. 
   For you see, Jesus is for us and He wants to be your friend.  Even now you are His friend; but are you a friend of Jesus?  If you cannot tell a a story about Jesus, is He your friend?  For even friends know stories about their friends. 
   The simple story I like to tell about Jesus is the day He came to me on April 27, 1995.  In the memory of mind, there is no day in all of my life that I remember as clearly as that day, for that day is remembered as the brightness of the sun in cloudless skies.  I can tell you about my early morning rising, I can tell you of the time I accepted Jesus as my Saviour, and I can tell you of all other events up until the time when I went to sleep that night.  For it was on that day that Jesus became my friend.  Other days since then are blurred by memory, and many are long forgotten. 
   Is Jesus your friend?
   If so, then tell me a simple story about Jesus.  I would love to hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.