Monday, July 6, 2015

A CLOSED GROUP

   In my lifetime, I have never met one person who has told me how wonderful their religion is for themselves and for their children.  No, not one.  Isn't this strange?
   People tell me about their houses, their cars, their bars, their baseball teams, but they never tell me about the wonder of their religion.  
   People tell me about their jobs and vacations, their parents and grand-parents, but they never tell me about the wonder of their religion. 
   Maybe they don't like me.
   Maybe I'm not good enough for their religion.
   Maybe I wouldn't fit in with their congregation.
   Maybe they don't want their friends to know that I'm from the "other part of town", or from "across the tracks".
   Maybe I'm an embarrassment to them.
   Maybe they don't want me to know about their way to their heaven.
   If they do not like me now, do you think they will like me in heaven?
   If they do not love me now, do you think they will love me in heaven?
   Maybe they think of me as an infidel and unworthy of their religion and their heaven.
   Maybe I'm not married to the right person to get in.
   Maybe I'm in the wrong bloodline to get in.
   Maybe there is some jealously and selfishness and they don't want me to have what they have.
   Maybe their religion is A Closed Group like Facebook and I must be invited to get in.
   Maybe I don't know the secret code, or the secret password to get in.
   Maybe their religion is like a secret society and they don't want me to know all that they know.
   Maybe they don't want me to know the secret handshake, or their secret rituals in secret chambers.
   To be honest with you, I am glad that people have not told me about their religions, for Christ is greater than all religions, greater than all the leaders of all religions:  for it is Christ who saved me from my sins, which religion could never do.  For if I did not have Christ, I would still be like them, with or without a religion.
   I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. (Psalm 122: 1)
   The house of the Lord is not a closed group.  There are no secrets, nor passwords, nor secret chambers.  And the Bible is our one and only textbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.