Thursday, March 8, 2012

DOUBTING THOMAS

   Thomas was one of the twelve disciples of Christ, and after the resurrection of the Lord, Thomas said:  Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger in the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
   Then Jesus said unto Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side:  and be not faithless, but believing.
   And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
   Then Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed:  blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
   After the Day of Pentecost, doubting Thomas stopped doubting and departed Israel to become a missionary for Christ in India and also in China, and he never returned to his homeland thereafter.
   The lesson we can learn from Thomas is simple:
   As long as we doubt that Christ was cruicifed for our sins, we will not be saved.
   As long as we doubt that Christ arose from death, we will not be saved.
   As long as we doubt that Christ is Messiah, we will not be saved.
   As long as we doubt that Christ is returning to earth again, we will not be saved.
   For us who have believed in Christ for our salvation, we were not there to see what Thomas saw; but by faith we believe what Thomas saw that day in Jerusalem.
   Like Jesus said, blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
   Therefore, the only thing that separates you from salvation in Christ is doubt.  Stop doubting and you will be saved:  and be not faithless, but believing. 
   Then you, like Thomas, will also say, My Lord and my God.

Quoted text from the Gospel of John 20: 25-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.