Thursday, November 14, 2013

MORE THAN A DREAM

   Throughout my lifetime, I have always wanted to be a writer, and, from time to time, I wrote short stories, poetry, and even made attempts to write a novel:  always hoping to create a wonderful story, have a book published in hardback, which would reach the New York Times bestseller list, after which I would become famous as well as become filthy rich.  No longer do I dream such a selfish dream.
   Two years ago, I made a promise to a person that I would write something about God.  Just the very thought of writing about God is an awesome thought, for what could I possibly say about God that has not been said?  Or what could I write about Him that has not been written? 
   Nevertheless, I made the promise, with the stipulation that I did not know how to write about Him, I did not know what I would write about Him, and neither did I know when I would begin such an undertaking.  Neither did I know who would read my writing about God.
   Knowing this, I began to pray to God about this how, what, when, and also the who---as I continued to live my life, doing all the things that I normally do, day by day. 
   Days of praying became weeks, weeks became months, and finally, in November, 2011, the Lord began to answer my prayer as He revealed to me that I could write a blog, which would enable people from anywhere in the world to read my story about Him.  He also gave me the title for my blog, the 7th Highway.
   After this, my praying did not end.  For now I needed God for the stories as I totally trusted in Him, by faith, to do that which I am incapable of doing by myself:  because I wanted these stories to be all about Him, and not about me, and no one knows more about God than God. 
   Thus, day by day, and story after story, I have totally trusted God for the stories that I written over the past two years.  For even this blog today, MORE THAN A DREAM, the Lord wanted me to write as a testimony of my faith in Him, and of what God can accomplish, through people, if they will trust in Him.
   Two years ago, I never dreamed that the 7th Highway would be viewed 15,000 times by people in the United States as well as by people in 86 nations and on 6 continents!  The Lord has also given me 600 stories to tell about things past, things present, and also things future, and each story has been a story of truth.
    Two years ago, I never dreamed that the 7th Highway would be read by people in the world's most populated nations, by people in the world's richest nations, but also by people in the world's poorest nations.
   Over these two years, my hope and prayer has always been that all of these stories will help people to know more about God, about Christ, and about the Holy Bible.  My hope and prayer has also been that these stories could be a vehicle that could help others to know Christ for the first time.
   Beyond this, the stories I have written have been good for me, and I have learned more from the Lord in these two years than I could have ever dreamed.  For without Him, I would not know all that I now know, just from writing these stories.
   If a friend should ask you to do a certain project for the Lord, please consider it carefully:  for it could be the Lord speaking to you through a friend.
   Let me leave you now with one of my favorite scriptures from the Bible:
      For I know that my redeemer liveth,
         and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
      And though after my skin worms destroy this body,
         yet in my flesh shall I see God:
      Whom I shall see for myself,
         and mine eyes shall behold,
         and not another;
         though my reins be consumed within me.  (Job 19: 25-27)
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.