Monday, November 25, 2013

DEATH BECOMES US

      My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:  because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me:  seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget about thy children.  (Hosea 4: 6)

   The United States is not healthy.
   The United States is not well.
   The United States is sick.
   The odor of death is rising across America, and the people have an immunity for the stench of death.
   While the people of the United States continually complain about the lack of jobs and the lack of personal income, the entertainment business is thriving!  Television, movies, music, and sports have a never-ceasing flow of money.  Conditions are bad, we say, but let the entertainers entertain us.  Help us to take our minds off our troubles and our woes.  Things are bad, we say, but here's our money for another song, another movie, another World Series, and another Super Bowl.
   Even churches across America have become entertainment centers.  Bring on the singing minstrels to thrill us and to get us pumped up before we sit in silence to listen to a positive message about how good we are and how good we can be.  For even churches have become big business, and the competition is stiff.  That old fashion Gospel News is too old fashioned.  Get with it.  Get hip.  Get modern.  To draw a crowd, turn down the lights and turn up the noise.  To get the young people---we were told years ago---bring in the music that young people like.  Give them something they can relate to.  Wear dark clothes.  Grow beards. Stomp and shout.  Bring in the guitars, the amps, the drums, and give them that rock 'n roll!
   When Jesus cleansed the Temple in Jerusalem, He said,
      My house shall be called a house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves. (Matthew 21: 13)
   When the Lord arrived at the funeral of Lazarus,
      Jesus wept.  (John 11: 35)
   When Jesus was on His way to the cross in Jerusalem, He said,
      Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.  (Luke 23: 28)
   Knowing this,
   When was the last time you saw a church gather to pray?
   When was the last time you saw a preacher, minister, or priest weeping for his people?
   When was the last time the music stopped as people stood in silence before the Lord?
   As churches have been falling across America, moving along in shadows of darkness has been the arrival of Witchcraft, which is now the fastest-growing religion in the United States---taking young adults, teenagers, and children into its chamber of darkness:  while many of its converts have disguised themselves as ministers of music and now hold positions of power in Christian churches as well as positions of power in Christian music, which is now a big business in the world of entertainment.
   The United States is falling.  Our Golden Age is in our past.  The future of our nation will never be any better than it is today.  The state of our union stinks.  The smell of death is in the air. We were invaded by the unseen enemy, and spiritual corruption is all across the land.  Our nation turned its face against God, against Christ, and against the Holy Bible, and now the future of our nation is in the hands of the mercy of God; for neither this nation, nor any nation, will be a nation of freedom and prosperity if this nation, or any nation, forgets God.
   Have we forgotten that God is holy?
   Have we forgotten that Christ is holy?
   Have we forgotten that the Holy Spirit is holy?
   Have we forgotten that the Holy Bible is holy?
   Still, even in the midst of our darkest storm, God is available to help us in the time of trouble if we truly desire His help from above and pray together on bended knees:
      The LORD is my light and my salvation:  whom shall I fear?
      The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
      When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
      Though an host should encamp about me, my heart shall not fear:  though war should rise up against me, in this will I be confident.
      One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
      For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:  in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.  (Psalm 27: 1-5)
     
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.