Sunday, August 14, 2016

WATER IN THE ROCK

WATER IN THE WELL:
   When Jesus met the woman at the well, she said unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
   Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.  Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship; for salvation is of the Jews.  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in sprit and in truth.  God is a Spirit:  and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.
   The woman said unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ:  when he comes he will tell us all things.
   Jesus said unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.  (John 4: 19-26)


WATER IN THE WILDERNESS:
   "And the LORD said unto Moses, Go before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go.  Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock at Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink.  And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel." (Exodus 17: 5-6)
   "And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice:  and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also." (Numbers 20: 11)


WATER IN THE BLOOD:
   "Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.  But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:  but one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water."  (John 19: 32-34)
   Even in His death, the Lord was still speaking:
      First, He spoke in the blood: 
         "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace."  (Ephesians 1: 7)  "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God." (Ephesians 2: 8)
      Secondly, He spoke in the water:
         "He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7: 38)
   Christ is therefore the Rock of our salvation, out of whom flowed blood and water, while He was yet speaking from His death on the cross.
   Even King David wrote of Him before the Son of God came to earth:
      "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 
      "For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:  in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock." (Psalm 18: 4; 27: 5)
         
WATER IN HEAVEN: 
   "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as a crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb." (Revelation 22: 1)
   "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power:  for thou has created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4: 11)
   "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain." (Revelation 5: 12)


WATER IN THE WOMAN:
   What happened, however, in the life of the woman at the well?
      "The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man , which told me all things that ever I did.  Is not this the Christ?  Then went they out of the city, and came unto him." (John 19:  28-30)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.