Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A PERSONAL NOTE

     When I began to play golf in 2009, I discovered a sport that I thought I would enjoy and also a sport I believed I could learn to play well.  Golf, however, is a difficult sport, and it is bigger than me.  Thus I prayed and asked God to help me to become a good golfer; and in return, I told the Lord that I would get out on the golf course, work and practice, work and practice.  For I believed that the Lord would help me, but I also knew He would not do my work and practice for me. 
     In the process of time, God sent other golfers into my life to help me to know and understand the fundamentals of the game, and by me being willing to accept their instruction, added to work and practice, I did become a better golfer by working and practicing the lessons I was given.  These teachings not only helped me to become a better player, but golf became so much more enjoyable.
     This blog you are reading also had its birth in prayer. 
     Toward the end of summer this year, I knew I wanted to write about God, but I did not know what, or how, or when.  Because God is bigger than me, the only thing I knew to do was ask God about it in prayer, and thus I did.  I prayed, and I waited.  I prayed, and I waited.    In the process of time, He opened unto me the idea of a blog.  He also gave me the title, 7th Highway, and I also knew that this blog would be about Him and not about me.
     As I began to write on November 28th, something remarkable happened inside of me because the stories began to flow through me---not from my head, but from my heart.  As I have continued to pray and write, the Lord gives me the stories:  I do not work for them, nor hunt and search for topics.  For this blog is not a work out of my own creative imagination, but rather from God.  I pray, I wait, and He delivers.
     I am sharing this personal note with you today because God wants to be part of our daily lives.  He knows us better than we know ourselves.  He wants to help us achieve our dreams and goals, not only in golf or in writing a blog, but also in our personal lives, too.  He wants to help us in our relationships with others, in achieving a degree in law, in our careers, or in areas of anger, bitterness, and strife. He wants to be first in our lives, not last.   And if you will pray to God for help, and believe by faith that He will deliver, you will see some remarkable things begin to happen that will astound you. 
    Prayer, then, is an action of humility, for in our pride we will not seek Him because we will think that we can do things all by ourselves.  Prayer is an action of humility, but also an action of faith.  Therefore, believe in God by prayer and good things will begin to happen.
     But without faith it is impossible to please him:  for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.  (Book of Hebrews 11:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.