Thursday, January 30, 2014

BE WISE


      Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  (1 Corinthians 2: 9)
     For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  (Jeremiah 29: 11)
    For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  (Isaiah 55: 8-9)
    Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:  before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.  (Isaiah 43: 10)


   Have you ever thought that God has plans for you?  That not only does God have plans for you in life beyond the grave, but that He also has plans for you in this life, in this present here and now?
   Have you ever thought that He, who created the universe, has plans for you as a human among humans?
   Have you ever thought that you, even now and wherever you live, could be a servant of the Most High God, who abides in heaven?
    When God revealed His plan for the life of Noah, he believed in God by faith and built an ark on dry land. 
   Abraham was 75 years old when God revealed His plan for his life, and Abraham believed in God by faith and became the father of a new nation, a nation that had previously never existed on the earth.
   Fanny Crosby is one of the pioneers of Christian music.  Before her death in 1915, she composed more than 8000 Christian hymns and Gospel songs, and Fanny Crosby was blind!
   In 1866, a 19-year-old man in North Carolina, named Calloway Blevins, believed that God called him to be a preacher---even before he knew how to read!---and he became a church pastor for more than fifty years.
   Therefore, come before God with all humility, and ask:  What plans do you have for me?
   The world sees Noah, Abraham, Fanny Crosby, and Calloway Blevins for acting in foolishness, yet they were wise in the eyes of God.
      Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called:  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.  (1 Corinthians 1: 25-27)
   For it is better to be wise in the eyes of God than to be foolish in the eyes of the world.
  


 
  


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.