Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HUMANISM

   To be honest, humanism is nothing more than the exaltation of self; for, in humanism, people are taught that they must like themselves before they can like others, and they must also love themselves before they can love others.
   What happens, however, when a humanist reads John 3: 16, which says, "For God so loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten Son...."?
   God did not TAKE his Son, but he GAVE his Son for our salvation.
   Humanism, therefore, is about TAKING, not GIVING.
   Humanism is about lavishing one's self, polishing one's image of self.
   Humanism says, how much must I like me before I can like others?  Or, how much must I love me before I can love others?
   The answer, of course, is never.  I can never like others as much as I like myself, and neither can I love others as much as I love me.  Because, in my own mind, there is no one in the world more worthy of me than me to myself because I am never full of me.  And every morning is my wakeup call to a new day of liking and loving myself more than I did yesterday.
   Humanism is an open door to all of my judgmentalism, criticism, and condemnation because I believe that everyone else should be like me, and I will continue these same negative characterizations of others because they will never measure up to me.  I will always be the judge and executioner of others because they will always be beneath me; for how can they possibly be as good as me when they are not me?
   In the eyes of God, however, all of us are nothing more than dirty, rotten sinners in need of God's salvation.  But because I have accepted humanism's philosophy of me, I place myself even above God, which means it is impossible for me to believe that I am a sinner.
   Humanism has produced a "me generation" of people because I want others to know just how wonderful I am about me.  And they, too, can be better people if they will be like me.  But they never will be like me because I will see to it that they will never be as good as me:  I will find something wrong with everything they do.
   Therefore, people in love with themselves will never accept the love of Christ because they believe that only themselves can receive as much love as they deserve and they totally give themselves unto themselves and to their own selfish egos. 
   For people who have accepted this humanistic ideal, it is impossible for them to like others, and, it is impossible for them to love others.
   Had Jesus been a humanist, He would have stayed in heaven and let every person die in his or her sins; but because of His love, He gave Himself as an offering for our sins and died on the cross in our place by taking the punishment of our sins against God upon Himself.
   No humanist would or could do that.
   In total, a humanist is an idol unto himself or herself, and all of their worship is all about themselves.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.