Thursday, June 15, 2017

PRAYER

   "Be still, and know that I am God:  I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."  (Psalm 46: 10)
   Prayer is the pipeline, or the communication channel, to God; and the best way to communicate with God is to find a quiet place, be still, and stop talking.  Now is the time to listen. 
   Since I have been writing the 7th Highway, for example, I have always sought God for each and every story that I have written.  In so doing, I will tell you that it is God who taught me the difference between God and religion.  I did not learn this by myself.  And I will also tell you that it is God who has taught me about the power of human imagination.  I did not learn this by myself. 
   As a result, the door of the 7th Highway swings on two hinges:  1) the separation of God and religion, and (2) the power of human imagination.  For these are the two topics that I have written about the most for five and a half years. 
   When I began writing the 7th Highway, I was not looking for this to happen.  All I knew at that time was that I wanted to write about God, about Christ, and about the Bible.  And all of this knowledge that God has shared with me began when I began to pray:  when I chose to remain silent and let God do the talking.
   God's ways are silent ways, and God's ways are amazing ways. 
   If people, therefore, will submit their minds to God in silence, they will experience the amazing ways of God.
   Today, this is all I can tell you about prayer.  But if you are serious about God, then seek Him in prayer.  Be silent, listen, and when you ask in the name of Jesus, be prepared to experience some amazing things to happen in your life. 
   This is your life, my friend, and nobody knows you better than God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.