Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I AM TELEVISION

   I am Television.  Watch me.
   Turn me on and I will rob you of your time without you knowing or believing that I am a thief.
   Turn me on and you will be mine for as long as your eyes and ears are on me.
   I know you like me because you tell all your friends about me, and often you will invite them to come to your home to watch me.
   I know you like me because you clean my face and adjust my voice. 
   I know you like me because you have more of me in every room, and out on the patio where you grill food and watch me, and even in your garage you have me to watch while you work on your car.
   Sometimes you will take me fishing with you on your boat, I am there for you in the hospital when you are sick, and I am there for you in the barbershop while they do your hair.  Everywhere you go, in fact, you will find me there for you.
   I am Television and I am everything you want me to be just for you.
   Not only do I have your eyes and ears, but I also have your mind.  And I know when you get home you just can't wait to turn me on. 
   Without me, what would you do? 
   I told you I am a thief and you don't believe me because you believe that I am everything that you believe is true.  But because I tell you the truth, you think I am trying to trick you to believe that I am a thief. 
   I am television, I am a thief, I rob you of time, and you will find no love in me.  But I know you love me because I am where you spend your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.