Wednesday, April 30, 2014

HEAVENLY WISDOM

   If my faith is in Christ, my faith will also be in the words of the Bible, for the Bible is the Word of the Lord; therefore, with my faith firmly planted in Christ, as well as in the Word of the Lord, then I will believe in the stories of the Bible even though I may not understand everything about every story, nor understand why these stories are written.
   For this reason, it is important for me to Trust in the LORD with all my heart; and lean not unto my own understanding.  (Proverbs 3: 5)
   At the same time, with my faith firmly planted in Christ as well as firmly planted in the Word of the Lord, I will also believe in the prophecies of the Bible even though I may not understand everything about every prophecy, nor understand why these prophecies are written.  So again, I must Trust in the LORD with all my heart; and lean not unto my own understanding.
   For children, their first day at school can produce a time of fear, stress, and anxiety.  No longer are the children in the comfort zone of their homes, but now they find themselves in a new arena and in a room full of strangers, and they do not know what to do.  For this reason, they have a teacher to guide them in the beginning of their education. 
   For new believers in Christ, reading the Bible, at first, can produce a time of fear, stress, and anxiety, for they have entered a new arena, and they find themselves in a room full of strangers, who are the people in the Bible, whom they have never met before.  For this reason, they need a teacher to guide them in the beginning of their education in the knowledge of God. 
   To simplify, to begin to understand the Bible, a person must become a student of the Word of God.  As a student of the Word, not only do we trust in our teachers to help us, but we also learn to trust in God to help us by beginning our Bible study with prayer:  for God wants to help us in our understanding of Him.
   In time, God is no longer a stranger to us, the Bible is no longer a strange book, and the people of the Bible are no longer strangers.  For we learn that God is our friend as we also learn that the believers in the Bible are also His friends, and that we, with them, are friends with God because we are one family through Christ our Lord. 
   If you are a new believer in Christ, welcome to the family of God!
   And if your journey in the Bible is just beginning, this prayer is for you:
      That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:  (Ephesians 1: 17)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.