Friday, March 21, 2014

IN MY OWN IMAGE

   People can have a concept of "God" written in their minds:  from religion, from one or many people, and, also, people can write their own definition of "God" in their own minds.
   If I accept this concept method, then I can have "God" in my own image, and "God" can be whatever I have imagined him to be, with all of the characteristics I choose to give to him, and thereby worship an image of "God" in my own imagination.
   As a concept method, "God" can also be a "Higher Power", a "Supreme Being", or the "God of the Cosmos", or "Mother God".
   Added to this, "God" can be either male or female, or a mixture of both, such as gods and goddesses, along with the concept that the souls of certain dead people can also become gods and goddesses.
   In a religion, "God" is the "God" of that religion, for he cannot be the "God" of other religions; therefore, if a person changes religions, he must also accept another "God" for these "Gods" are not interchangeable.  So we can see, then, that all religions have their own individual "God".
   In a religion, people go to a building to worship their "God", and, when they leave, they leave their "God" in the building:  he does not go with him. 
   If a person of religion says he believes in "God", he is telling the truth as he understands truth to be---according to the teachings within his religion, or, according to the characteristics he has written about his "God" in his own mind.  His truth, however, is contained within his own concept of  "God" within his religion, or within his personal conviction.
   To people of religion, however, their "God" is very much real in their own minds; yet, the only way for you to claim their "God" as your "God" is for you to become a member of their religion:  for their "God" does not operate outside the boundaries of their religion; and you, like them, must go to the same building to worship the same "God".
   If I, therefore, accept the concept method that "God" can be a "God" in my own image, this "God" has limited powers:  for he can only do what I have created him to do, for now he is a "God" created by me.  I have created him and I have created his characteristics.  This way, he will approve everything I choose to do, for my "God" will always justify me, and he will never deny me in the pursuit of my own pleasures of life.  And when I die, of course my "God" will prosper my journey to paradise, or heaven, for I have created a "God" who will let me in.
   The "God" of religion is not alive or living:  he simply is.  Because he is not alive or living, neither is he creative:  for even the universe is simply here.  Neither was human life created:  for we are simply here.  We are not supposed to question the great unknown.  For if the people of religion should believe that Almighty God created the universe and created human life, this would break the concept method of their minds and their "God" would not be happy about that.
   The "God" of religion is designed for people to accept their present state as well as their future estate in heaven, or in paradise.  They are not to question the past, such as the history of the universe, nor the history of human life on earth, nor the history of their "God":  for the past has nothing to do with their present or their future.
   Almighty God, however, is holy, and the Lord created us to be like Him.  The Lord God Almighty did not create us to be lapdogs at the feet of religion, nor to bend our knees to unholy people upon the earth.  He did not give us the creative power to create gods of our own images.  Neither did He create us to pray to the souls of dead people, nor to statues made with our hands.  He did not create us to worship portraits, paintings, photographs, nor to etch writings of gods in stone.
   Almighty God wants us to get off the floor instead of acting like little children, and to be adults and stand up, instead of living like toddlers in the house of religion, and to stop creating images of gods in our own minds.
   Almighty God is as near as the air we breathe, and we can believe in Him through Christ the Lord, or we can reject Him and continue to live as little children, or as toddlers in kindergarten, playing with paper dolls and coloring books.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.