Thursday, June 21, 2012

A TRUE CONFESSION

   Just because I write a blog about God, about the Lord Jesus Christ, and about the Holy Bible, this does not mean that I live a perfect life, nor that I have overcome every obstacle there is to being human.  To say that I am would not be the truth.
   At best, I am human, just like every other person in the world, and I face many of the same issues of life that many people also face.
   I have happy days and I have days that are not happy.
   I have frustrations, dejections, rejections; times of total joy and times of sadness; times of laughter and times to weep.
   There are people I like and, in being honest, there are people I do not like.
   I enjoy the company of many people, and there are people I do not enjoy being with. 
   At times, too, I know there are people who do not like being with me. 
   I also deal with anger and disappointments. 
   Even though I try to get along with every person I meet, this does not mean that they want to get along with me; for I know there is something about me that is a magnet for others, but, there is also something about me that turns people toward another direction.  Is this situtation me, or is it them? 
   I also know that there are people who have never accepted me as I am.
   At best, I am human.  I am a work in progress and the work is not finished yet.
   You, also, are a work in progress and the work is not finished yet.
   So then, what will I become when the work in progress is finished?   I know not.  This is why I pray to God to help me in all of my life's situations and to understand more about the things that I do not understand; that the Lord will help me to be what He wants me to become, and that I will be able to see in others what the Lord sees in them.
   Yet, in all that I experience in my life, my faith in God does not change.  I rely on Him to help me in all that I do, in everything that I accomplish, as well as in all areas of my life that are in need of improvement:  that I will learn how to deal with all of my negative characteristics in order to be more like Him and less like me. 
   And this is my true confession for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.