Monday, June 4, 2012

O, HAPPY DAYS!

   These are the happiest days of my life!
   As I share this writing with you today, I want you to know that I am not bragging about anything; and neither am I taking credit for anything.
   Long before retiring three years ago, I did not know nor have a clue that my wife and I would own a home on a golf course.  Neither of us never discussed this matter, nor planned for this to happen; for we are not rich and neither are we living a life of expensive luxury.
   Years ago, too, I never thought about playing golf.  I watched golf matches on television and I always enjoyed and admired the way professional golfers played the game of golf.  But for me to play golf on a golf course?  That thought never entered my mind.
   In 2009, however, something happened.  Suddenly and unexpectedly, we were able to purchase a modest home on a nine-hole golf course in a small town. 
   In 2009, something else happened, suddenly and unexpectedly:  I played golf on a golf course for the first time in my life at the age of 62.  In so doing, I discovered a sport that I liked, that I enjoyed, and a sport that I believed I could play well if I was willing to learn how to play the game, along with work and practice. 
   Over the past three golf seasons, I have played approximately 36 holes of golf every day during the golf season.  I took lessons from a tremendous teacher of golf, I have have worked and practiced, and on May 24th of this year I was able to par the golf course for the first time. 
   For all that has happened in my life since I retired, I count it all a blessing from God. 
   What my wife and I believe is this:  the Lord had these blessings prepared for us a long, long time ago.  The Lord had these blessings hidden, as if they are presents for our latter years upon this earth.  We never did anything to deserve what we are receiving in these days and at this time.  This, we believe, is because of the grace of our Lord, out of His goodness and mercy.
   Whatever the Lord has for you at this time or for later, I do not know.  But whatever you are receiving now, or for whatever you will be receiving later, count it all joy.  And it counting it all for joy, remember to give thanks. 
   It is not what we do in life that matters most, but rather it is what God does for us that matters---far beyond what we think or assume.
   Have a great day!
  
       
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.