Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ANOTHER PAR DAY

   This morning on the golf course, I was able to par the course for the second time within one month of my first par ever.
   What helped me to achieve this milestone was in making a 25-foot putt for the par of hole 8, a birdie on hole 9, but my shot of the day was when I capped an eagle on hole 2.
    I must tell you, however, that before I made the pitch for the eagle, I simply said, "Lord, help me to make this shot."  And the Lord helped me to do it.
   As I have been sharing with you, God wants to be part of our daily lives, in all that we do.  He wants to comfort us in our pain, but also to help us to have good success.
   God wants to be our partner, not an observer. 
   God is our friend, not an enemy.
   God is for us, not against us.
   Believe in God and your own world will change for the better.
   For me, another par day on the golf course would have never been possible had I not had my faith in God, beginning three years ago when I began playing golf at the age of 62.
   So to par a course at age 65 is not too shabby for an old man, is it?
   Please remember:  believe in God and keep believing in God and big things will happen in your life, and you will have an achievement in an arena that may come as a surprise to you, just as golf came as a surprise in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.