Thursday, May 24, 2012

GOLF LESSONS

   Golf lessons will work if you work the lessons.  If you are not going to work the lessons, do not waste your money and do not waste the time of a golf pro or coach:  you are only kidding yourself.  And if you attempt to play golf without knowing the fundamentals, you are playing make-believe golf and you are in a world of fantasy.
   In 2009, at the age of 62, I took lessons from a man who told me that the two most important elements to becoming a good golfer is the right grip and the right swing; and he said if I will learn the right grip and the right swing, followed by work and practice, in time I could become a good golfer.
   Here in southern Illinois where I play golf, the course is nine holes, par 35; and this morning I scored two bogeys, two birdies, and five pars for a total score of 35---par for the course!  And I am now 65 years old.
   Golf lessons will work if you work the lessons.
   Dedication.  Determination.  Discipline.
   My goal today (as it is every day) is to make a good swing with every swing I take; and today I was able to make good swings all across the course.
   What a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
   God has been very good to me.  He has blessed me with good health and He has surrounded me with people who have taught me how to become a better golfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.