Thursday, May 8, 2014

TREASURES OF THE HEART

   Is my heart right with God?


   If my heart is not right with God, people do not need to read my writings about Him:  for they will not be hearing from God; they will be hearing from me.
   If my heart is not right with God, people do not need to hear me preaching:  for my they will not be hearing from God; they will be hearing from me.
   If my heart is not right with God, people do not need to hear me playing a musical instrument or singing a song:  for they will not be hearing from God; they will be hearing from me.
   Jesus said,
      A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:  for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.  (Luke 6: 45)


  What, then, are the treasures of my heart? 
   If Christ is the treasure of my heart, my mouth will speak for Him; and others will hear from Him and not from me.
   But if the treasure of my heart is me, then I will desire that people hear from me instead of hearing from the Lord.
   Did you ever hear the story about the minister who wrote his Sunday sermons on Tuesday because he was scheduled to play golf for the rest of the week?
   Are there times when we are simply too busy with the cares of this world that we do not have time to get our hearts right with God?
   Jesus said,
      Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break in and steal:  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  (Matthew 6: 19-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.