Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TOMBSTONES

   You are going to die.
   How do you want to be remembered?
   What would you like to be forgotten?
   What words do you want etched on your tombstone?
   At death, your authority ends:  and so do your choices for your life beyond the grave.
   What do you suppose you will think about after you die, and what do you suppose you will remember the most?
   And what about the people you will leave behind, your family and your friends?  You will not be able to speak to them after you die, but what do you suppose you would say to them if you could?  What message would you want to be sent to them?
      It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  (Hebrews 10: 31)
   For you see, God's memory lasts forever. 
   But God has the power to forget certain things:
      Know the Lord:  for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  (Hebrews 10: 11-12)
   And again, But the very hairs of your head are numbered.  Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess before my Father which is in heaven.  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.  (Matthew 10: 30-33)
  Therefore know Christ and Him shall you see at death!
   Knowing this, the only words you need on your tombstone are these:
      That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection. (Philippians 3: 10)
     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.