Thursday, July 11, 2013

IN MY MOTHER'S WOMB

   Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.  Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD!  behold, I am a child.  But the LORD said unto me, Say not I am a child:  for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  Be not afraid of their faces:  for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.  (Jeremiah 1: 6-8)

   Mary and Elizabeth were cousins.  Both were pregnant---Mary with Jesus, and Elizabeth with John the Baptist.   And when Mary went to visit Elizabeth, baby John leaped in his mother's womb in the presence of the unborn Christ, the Messiah of Israel.  And it came to pass, that, when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb.  (Luke 1: 41)

   I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ:  when he is come, he will tell us all things.  Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.  The woman then left her water pot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did:  is not this the Christ?  Then they went out of the city, and came unto him. (John 4: 25-30)

   Is it therefore possible that God has plans for many people while they are in their mothers wombs?  That, not only does God call people to be workers in His vineyard, performing certain tasks in certain places, but is this calling also written in their DNA while they are yet in their mothers' wombs?  That they, who do such things, do it as if it is natural for them to do because God is with them?
   For after his birth, Jeremiah became a prophet.  After his birth, John the Baptist became a preacher.  And after her birth, the woman at the well became an evangelist. 
   For a reason that you cannot explain, do you ever feel like you should be preaching?  Do you ever think that you would enjoy teaching the story of Christ to toddlers?  Do you ever think about moving to a land far away to be a missionary?  Do you ever hum and strong songs and music about the Lord with little effort?  And have you ever thought about becoming a professor at a Bible college or seminary? 
   Perhaps, then, you have been called of God.  Is this possible?
   Perhaps, too, this calling of God has been written in your DNA.  Is this possible?
   If not at least possible, what shall we say about Matthew 19: 26, where Jesus said: 
      With God all things are possible.

  

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.