Sunday, March 20, 2016

IN MY DREAMS

She wrote love songs in my dreams
   of things we used to share:
      a picture on the wall,
      some sand on the floor---
   gentle reminders
      for places we've been before.
The years of our youth
   were as time standing still,
   only to vanish so quickly
   as the fresh morning dew.
      Where did they go?
      Why did they leave us?
They never left us at all!
In a room down the hall
   at a table built for two,
she met with me there
   and softly explained:
I stood by you then;
   I stand by you now.
Awaken, my love,
   and dream no more.
         "Whoso findeth a wife
                      findeth a good thing,
                         and obtaineth favour of the LORD."
                                                       Proverbs 18: 22




  
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.