Tuesday, August 18, 2015

PRAYER ON A TEE


   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given unto him.  (James 1: 5)


   In 2009, I began my journey in golf with prayer, asking God to help me to become the best golfer I can be in the time I have remaining to play golf. 
   For the past six seasons, I have continued to pray about my game of golf on a daily basis and even as I am playing each day: 
      asking God to help me to understand how to swing golf clubs better,
      how to make better contact with the ball,
      to help me get my direction on target with the green,
      so that I will make better swings,
      improve my contact with the ball,
      and reach the greens.
   For six seasons, I have prayed in this manner, and, for six seasons, the Lord has heard my prayer.  In 2009, I was scoring over 100 strokes per 18 holes of golf; and today, in 2015, my scoring average is near 80.  The Lord has heard my prayer. 
   This prayer will help other golfers if they will only believe and trust in God; and if they will only believe and pray this prayer, their golf game will experience a revolution. 
   On the other hand, if people do not want God's help in their golf games, God will leave them alone:  for God will not impose Himself on people, and neither will God go where God is not welcome.
   In like manner, God will help people in their daily lives and in all of their endeavors, if they will only believe and trust in Him.  But if people do not want God in their daily lives, God will leave them alone:  for God will not go where God is not welcome.
   God is available.  God is ready to help.  God can help people out of their miserable golf games, and God can help people of their misery and heartache. 
   Above all else, God is all knowledge, which also means, by the way, that God has the knowledge of golf!
    Jesus said,
      Ask, and it shall be give you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:  for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (Matthew 7: 7-8)
   Before your next golf game, trying putting a prayer on a tee before the ball.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.