Wednesday, August 26, 2015

LEFTOVERS

        An empty refrigerator is the same as an empty mind.  Do we fill our minds with the leftovers of this world, or do we fill our minds with the words of the Lord?


   If we glue our minds to television, glue our minds to sports, to movies, and electronic gadgets, and if we glue our minds to government and religion, then we will become one with the world.
   But if we glue our minds to the words of the Lord, then we will become one with God.
   If we are glued to this world, we will think and live in the ways of this world because the world is our source for truth.
   If we glue our minds to television, we will believe in television as a source for truth because we are one with television.
   If we glue our minds to religion, we will think and live in the ways of religion because religion is our source for truth, and we are one with religion instead of one with God.
   If a person glues his mind to the knowledge of golf, he will become a golfer; but if that person rejects the knowledge of golf, he will become no more than a hitter of golf balls, never improving, because his mind is not one with golf.
   If I do not use my tongue to speak for God and Christ, then I will use my tongue to speak for the world, or even speak for the Devil, because my mind is not glued to the words of God.
   If the words of God are in me, then the words of God will come out of me; but if the words of God are not in me, then the words of the world, or the words of the Devil, will come out of me, and I will become a voice for Satan.
   My actions speak for me, but it is my words that tell the truth that is in my heart; therefore, my actions and my words must be in agreement, or else I am no more than a hypocrite.
      Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. (1st Corinthians 13: 1)
   If I do not speak with the love of God in my heart, then I will speak from the leftovers of this world, and all I will do is toot my own horn---wanting others to believe in the leftovers of my carnal mind.
   The mind of a child is precious unto the Lord.
   Remember Judas Iscariot?  He feasted on the leftovers of this world and look what he became!
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.