Tuesday, November 6, 2012

ON BENDED KNEES

   Today is Election Day in the United States. 
   As I voted this morning, I was reminded that a vote today is not a vote for a political party, nor a vote for a political personality.  But a vote is about LEADERSHIP.
   More than anything else, the United States needs leadership. 
   Companies and corporations need leadership.
   Families need leadership.
   Leaders are shepherds of people.
   If change is not good for the people of the United States, then the shepherd is the problem.
   If change is not good for the employees of companies and corporations, then there is a problem with the shepherds.
   If change is not good for families, there is also a problem with the shepherds. 
   Leadership by example should be the motto of people in leadership positions.
   King David was the shepherd of the Jewish people of Israel, and King David was submissive to Almighty God, Creator of the universe.  King David was not ashamed when he wrote the 23rd Psalm:
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:  he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    He restoreth my soul:  he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:  thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:  and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 

   Today in the United States, we are voting for a "king" to lead us as President of the United States.  If the person we elect is submissive to God, we will experience great joy; but if our new President is not on bended knees to Almighty God, Creator of the universe, we will suffer pain and great sorrow.   
   And the same can be said for the shepherds of companies, corporations, and families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.