Saturday, August 4, 2018

CUSSING

   In my lifetime, I am amazed and astonished at the number of people, as members of religions and churches, that curse after leaving their houses of worship.
   They cuss at work, cuss while driving in traffic, cuss at school, cuss while standing in lines at restaurants, cuss while playing golf or while watching Little League baseball games, cuss on the telephone with neighbors, friends, or relatives, as well as cuss while watching politics and sporting events on television.  They even cuss in front of their children and grand-children as if their little ones need to be like them.
   And then, at their appointed times of weekly worship, such as 5 o'clock on Saturday evenings, or at 10:30 or 11 on Sunday mornings, they return to their religious institutions or churches, sit on the pews, kneel to pray, stand to sing, repeat the words they have learned to repeat since they were children, such as "the peace of the Lord," or "God is good all the time,"  shake hands with the preacher or priest---being mindful to thank him or her for such a lovely message---and then leave the buildings and quickly return to their cussing:  as if cussing to them is as normal and natural as eating gravy on biscuits is normal and natural to a hungry stomach.
   I am also amazed and astonished when I hear some of these people, from time to time, actually desire to talk about God, who is holy, while the words of the devil are still sizzling on their tongues!
   How can these things be?  How do these people justify talking like the devil yet still believing they have something important to say on behalf of God and that others should listen to them!---as of they wrote the book on "In God We Trust".
   If I should invite you to go to church with me, would you go because you would want to understand a wonderful change in my life?  Or would you think that going to church with me would help you to be better at cussing?
   Have these people never heard of the Bible, that says,

"Let the words of my mouth
   and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight,
 O LORD, my strength,
and my redeemer."
(Psalm 19: 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.