Monday, July 2, 2018

A FRIEND OF GOD

   Do you want to be my friend?
   If I am to believe in you, I must be able to believe in your words.
   Likewise, if I am to believe in God, I must be able to believe in the words of God, which are written in the Holy Bible.
   Just as you and your words are one, you cannot separate yourself from your words.
   Likewise, God and His words are one, and God cannot separate Himself from His words.
   You and I, on the other hand, can change our words and lie, but because God is perfect and holy, it is impossible for God to change His words and lie, which is why "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever."  (Hebrews 13: 8)
   For us to remain friends, we must not lie to each other.  And for us to become friends of God, then we must be honest with God, not lie, but tell the truth and admit that we are sinners,  "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."  (Romans 3: 23)

  Consider Abraham, for the Bible says of him:
    "And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness:  and he was called the Friend of God."  (Hebrews 2: 23)

   But Jesus tells us more about friends of God:

      "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  
        Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:  but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.  
        Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that he should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:  that whatsoever ye ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you."  (John 15: 14-16)

   How, then, do we become a friend of God?
   By confessing to God that we are sinners in need of salvation, for the Bible says:

      "That if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.  For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."  (Romans 10: 9-10)
      "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:  not of works, lest any man should boast.  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."  (Ephesians 2: 8-10)

   Believe in this today and you will become a friend of God today.
   Remembering, too,

   "Greater love hath no man than this,
 that a man lay down his life 
for his friends." 
 (John 15: 13)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.