Thursday, April 2, 2015

I, THE LORD

   God is not difficult to know, but rather easy to understand.
   God does not burden our shoulders with hard labor, nor place a yoke across our necks.
   With God, we are not slaves.  We are free to believe, and we are also free to leave.
   God's ways are simple ways, not complex problems.
   God does not desire to punish us, but rather to free us from the prison of sin.
   God is merciful, and He desires to shower us with love, mercy, and grace.
   God wants to cradle us in His arms and to carry us across the rivers of life and through the raging storms. 
   God is God, and God is not clothed in religion.  When people are able to separate God from religion, then and only then will people begin a journey in knowing God.  For God is not contained, and neither is He controlled, by the men of religion:  in fancy suits and priestly garments.
   As Christians, Christ does not desire that we be performers, or stars of the show:  to dazzle crowds, to raise the roof, or to bring the house down.
   For if all people see is me, they will not see Christ; and if all they hear is me, they will not hear Christ.
   If people praise me, they will not praise Him. 
   If I desire the praises and the offerings, then I am the show:  all about me and not about Him. 
   In truth, it is Christ who died for people, and not me.  But more than this, it is Christ who is alive for people, and not me.
   Everything that we see in this world today is a preparation for the return of the Great King, Christ the Lord. 
   Who am I, then, in this sea of constant change?  I am no more than a grain of sand shifting from shore to shore.  But in Christ, I am all that He is. 
   When people come to know Christ, they will shed their skin from the cloak of religion.
  

   Written by Dan Schutte in 1981, this song is in more than 20 languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.