Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A SEED OF DOUBT

     Faith is invisible, and it is faith that enables us to see things in our minds and believe that those things can come true in the visible world in which we live.


  Jesus talked about good things that can happen if we have faith the size of a mustard seed.  But what happens if we have doubt the size of a mustard seed?
   For example, if I believe by faith that I can play golf, then I will learn to do those things that will enable me to become a golfer.  But if I have doubt that I can play golf, then I will do those things that will prevent me from becoming a golfer.  It is for this reason---doubt---that the majority of golfers never score below 100 when they are just as capable of scoring 70 like many others do.
   Faith enables us to move things from our minds and making them happen in front of our eyes.  Inventors and creative people do this all the time.  Yet all of us can be inventors and creators of things seen that we first see in the invisibility of our minds.
   For this reason, people can travel in cars, boats, and airplanes instead of by walking or by riding horseback.
   By faith I believe that God exists even though I do not see Him with my physical eyes. 
   By faith, I can set my day in motion because of the things I desire to happen, and thereby live because of the way I see things in my mind and my steps will follow my mind.
   On the contrary, my day can be set in motion by the desire that others have for me, or, I can live my life according to the thoughts of others. 
   Therefore, do I live my life according to the power that government has over me, or by the power that religion has over me, or by the power that individuals have over me?  Then I am not free to move or free to choose because I am as a servant or a slave to those people or institutions, and their thoughts will become my thoughts and their ways will become my ways.
   By faith, then, is there a better way of living than people are living today? 
   Do you have the faith to believe that there are things that could be changed or improved worldwide that would enable all of us to live better lives than we are living now?
   But if I am unwilling to change the way I live, should I really expect others to do likewise?
   Faith can enable us to experience change unlimited that is better for all people if we are willing to work together instead of making war.
   So the question remains:  do I have faith the size of a mustard seed, or do I have doubt the size of a mustard seed?
   To succeed, all you need is a seed of faith; and to fail, all you need is a seed of doubt.
   Which seed will you plant today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.