Friday, February 7, 2014

MIRROR, MIRROR

   Imagination is one of the greatest gifts that God created in people.  But imagination can also be:  our greatest enemy.
   If I only see my own image in my imagination, I will never see myself as God sees me.  And as long as I see my own image in my imagination, I will naturally like what I see, for there will be nothing about me that I will not like.  I like the way I dress, the way I walk, the way I talk, and, I will find no fault with me.  So how could God possibly see anything wrong in me?  For I am perfect in all of my ways, for my image is always cleaned and polished. 
  But if I do not like the image I see of myself in my imagination, I have the power within me to change, so that the image that I project will always be a mirror reflection of my inner self, which is the me that I want others to see:  perfect in all of my ways, always cleaned and polished. 
  In so doing, I will believe that others will see me as I see myself.  And I will like that!  I will enjoy the time that others look at me!  For there is none other for others to see when they see me. 
   If I play golf, oh, my!  I do not need instructions or lessons from a golf pro, for I know it all.  There is nothing they can teach me, for I am the one that others come out to see. 
   But this self-image I have of me can also be self-destructive.  I will not see this destructive side, however, for I am blinded by my own reflection.  My self-image does not have a back side, or a dark side.  For I am a work of majestic wonder in my own mind: 
                                               when I arrive, the party begins;
                                               and when I leave, the music stops.
      How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!  For thou has said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:  I will sit upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.  Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.  (Isaiah 14: 12-15)
   In Lucifer's imagination, he saw an image of himself; and he magnified himself to believe that he could reign in heaven and that God would be under his feet.
   As it was with Lucifer, so it is with people when they magnify their own image in their own imaginations, for they will worship themselves instead of God.
    Like Lucifer, they will believe they will ascend into heaven without God's permission, and that they will sit on a throne that is above God.
   And just as God cast Lucifer out of heaven and brought him down to the pit, so will people be brought down in like manner because of their false in their own image.
   A mind without God becomes a habitat for the devil, and because of the self-righteous self-image that people hold up of themselves in their imaginations, God becomes their enemy; and their desire will be that others will see them as they see themselves:  highly exalted and lifted up.  Being deceived, they become deceivers, and their entire lives will be lies that they live in their own imaginations.
   If I see an image of me in my imagination, then Christ, too, will be no more than an image in my imagination.  And the Bible will be no more than a myth and a fairytale, just as I imagine that it should be.  Which means that even truth will be no more than I imagine truth to be. 
   Imagination is the power of self-image psychology, and it is also the power that prevents us from learning the knowledge of God. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be published openly.